Monday, July 20, 2009

Welcome!

Well... since I have TONS of time on my hands, I decided to start a separate blog with recipes that won't make you fat.

Derek and I move into our new place on August 22, and I will be the only one cooking most of the time. Wait... who am I kidding... I will be the only one cooking period! It's okay though. I'm ready for the challenge!

Unfortunately for me, Derek is a SUPER picky eater, in that he will not eat anything green (it tastes like nothing he says) and the food we eat needs to be
low calorie, low fat and low saturated fat but still have a good amount of protein and a lot of flavor. This means I will be struggling to find side dishes that aren't always 'potato' or starch.

I will start by posting the recipes that I have made in the past and update the blog each time I try a new one with tips and pointers. I usually get my recipes from H-E-B, SELF.com or my favorite, the Whole Foods website. I usually change something about the recipe when I make it and it usually turns out for the best because lets face it, not all healthy recipes are very tasty.

I hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment